Exercise Equipment and Accessories The Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine is a sturdy and compact piece of exercise equipment that is excellent value for money. Lightweight yet sturdy, measuring just 23 ½ inches in width with a length of 46 inches, it will suit apartment dwellers or indeed anyone with limited space for housing exercise equipment. When folded flat for storage (if required), it will measure 49 ½ inches by 11 ¾ inches by 9 ½ inches. Weighing just 35 pounds, it can easily be relocated if necessary.
According to manufacturer, Stamina, their 1050 Body Trac Glider can perform as well as models that are twice the size and selling for twice the price. These claims are backed by a considerable number of satisfied purchasers including those on Amazon where, following several hundred reviews, it has a respectable average star rating. This makes it one to consider for anyone who is in the market for a reliable, budget priced rowing machine.
Key Features of the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine
• Coming with 12 levels of resistance for a varied and challenging workout, it is capable of supporting up to 250 pounds in weight and suitable for use by both shorter and taller people.
• It has a multifunctional fitness monitor which displays time, distance covered, stroke count, speed and calories burned, making it easy to meet new challenges and monitor progress.
• Quick and simple to put together, it comes with easy to understand assembly instructions.
• Quiet during use, it will not disturb others in the household.
• Its stable “feet” provide a secure workout and protect the floor from scuffs and gouges.
• Its solid, steel frame construction with aluminum center beam has been designed to withstand the rigors of years of repeated use.
• Equipped with adjustable gas-shock resistance and a ball-bearing roller system, the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine provides exercisers with a smooth rowing action that, due to its adjustable cylinder resistance arms and ball-bearing roller system, is able to replicate the feel of rowing on water.
• Purchase is covered by a one year limited warranty on the frame and 90 days on parts.
The vast majority of those purchasers who have left reviews on Amazon are of the opinion that the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine is very good value for money, with most reporting no problems with the machine after using it consistently for a considerable length of time.
Positive comments have centered around the machine’s durability, range of functions, solid feel and easy assembly. It has also been praised for its quietness compared with a lot of other fitness rowers, and many customers love that it mimics the feel of real rowing.
Both taller and shorter users have left comments on how comfortable it is to use.
Less positive comments have been left regarding the foot rests with some purchasers having found these to be on the large side, while some others have stated that the foot straps don’t feel secure enough to keep their feet on the foot rests during a hard workout. A number of customers have gotten around this with easy adjustments and they are now happy with the feel and workout the Stamina 1050 provides. Others found that wearing shoes during workouts solved the problem for them.
The odd reviewer commented that they didn’t think the seat contained enough padding. This is most likely to be personal preference, as others are perfectly happy with the comfort level of the seat.
In order to fold the Stamina Body Trac for storage, a couple of screws must be loosened then tightened up again when reassembling. Though minor, some may find this to be an inconvenience.
One reviewer noted that their machine creaked until it warmed up, but this appears to be a rare problem.
Final Thoughts on the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine
The Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine is great value for money. Manufactured by long established and reputable company Stamina, known for quality exercise equipment and accessories including products put out under the names of Tony Little, Suzanne Somers and Body by Jake amongst others, it should provide years of trouble-free use.
The one possible downside, when it’s occurred, has been with the foot rests and straps. In most cases this has been easily overcome with a little tweaking.
If you have a low budget and limited space, the Stamina 1050 Body Trac Glider Rowing Machine would be an ideal rowing machine for home workouts.